The SkyLegend Association was founded at the beginning of 2019, with the founding members as a group of enthusiasts of the history of Romanian aviation and especially of the IAR 80 plane. operate on a voluntary basis.
We wanted an open and transparent organization, in which the working atmosphere is pleasant and friendly so that any enthusiast can find his place.
Our main goal is to reconstruct an IAR 80 aircraft as similar as possible to the original, on a 1: 1 scale, in flight conditions, to be registered and to participate in aviation rallies.
It will be called IAR 80 R, with R from Redivivus.
What we aim to achieve:
- Establishment of a documentation fund containing data and information related to the IAR 80 aircraft or other historical aircraft: construction documentation, manuals, books, drawings, photographs, films, etc .;
- Realization of the execution documentation of the replica plane and of the afferent manufacturing preparation, by design by the members of the association and by collaboration with third parties;
- Realization in collaboration with specialized companies of the IAR 80R aircraft;
- Aircraft registration, operation and participation in in-flight demonstrations;
- Informing the general public in the country and abroad, through specific means on national and universal aeronautical developments, achievements and news;
- Informing and attracting, through various means, the general public to participate in aeronautical events (rallies, air demonstrations, sports competitions with aeronautical specifics, etc.), organized in the country and abroad by various public or private institutions; Initiating and maintaining collaborations with representatives of companies, schools, high schools, colleges and higher education institutions, in order to stimulate young people to practice aeronautical professions;
- Supporting museums or aeronautical departments for the identification, collection and donation of specific materials, for the opening of exhibitions;
- Supporting creators in the field of fiction and fine arts for the creation of works of art with topics inspired by aeronautical activities;
- Collaboration with associations, foundations, institutions and bodies from the country and abroad for the exchange of information in aeronautics, knowledge of developments in research, production, manufacturing and flight in the country and in the world;
- Active participation in aeronautical events (aerial rallies, commemorations, unveiling of monuments, knowledge of aviation events and heroes, as well as personalities in the field of aeronautics);
- Promoting the activity of the association and its members in the media.
We would like this site to be a real source of information for all lovers of the legendary IAR 80, both specialists and amateurs, who want to know as much information as possible about the history, the performance of the aircraft or the evolution of the reconstruction project. We hope that on the blog, or through direct communication, we will achieve together a synergy that will help to achieve this project.
We invite IAR 80 enthusiasts to join us as volunteers!
The IAR 80 is more than just an airplane. It is a symbol of the creativity of the aircraft builders, of the courage and heroism of the Romanian pilots.
Generations of aviators were formed with this wonderful aircraft in mind and heart. Through his participation in the battles of the Second World War, he wrote pages full of glory in the history of Romanian military aviation.